Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thanks to Google Calendar

It feels good to be writing a post again, though after a long time. It's just that last 15-20 days have been a little tight.

Time and again, Google demonstrates its greatness and quintessential utility in some form or another. It's always interesting to try its new innovative features. This time it was the Google Calendar which really saved me from missing a lecture. (No, it's not that I mind skipping one! but when you are academically so lukkha, even a boring lecture starts feeling like a good enough source of entertainment! :P)

I have been using the Google Calendar for quite a while now but got to know about the Mobile Set-up, a few weeks back. (For those who are not aware: On activating the Mobile Set-up, Google sends you a reminder sms before each engagement.) I activated it just for fun. But last Monday, 6:20 pm, I was just enjoying the weather, looking out of the window, as I was under the assumption that my evening was free. Suddenly, I hear an sms beep and the sms reads: "Reminder: MEMS Course @ Mon Jul 28 6:30pm - 8pm". I was definitely going to miss the lecture as I thought it was scheduled on Tuesdays. I was so thrilled to have got benefited by that silly feature! I hope my friend Google helps me rectify many more imperfections of mine, in the time to come! :)

Sharma

4 comments:

Yogesh said...

Thnks buddy... seriously very few people know abt this.... this is a good piece of information....Thnks again

All Talk and No Action said...

Google Rocks !

$udhi said...

i just made a public calendar for dept junta
now ppl simply add it
and turn on the reminders
woila!
no more miscommunications ;)

~$udhi :)

Abhishek Sharma said...

@ Sudhi: enjoy the advent of tech, dude! :)

Thanks all for the comments.

Abhishek